Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Deidre's comin!

First of all, I must admit, I am a terrible role model. I expect my students to blog twice a week, yet I haven't written since September. BOOOOOO! Bad, bad teacher :( I must apologize, and I will try to do better the second half of the term.

So, I am inspired to write about a high school friend of mine who is coming to visit this weekend. Actually, Deidre arrives today, but I can't see her until Saturday (I have this job that I kind of have to do!) Anyway, Deidre lives in Ontario now and although we keep in touch via email and occasional phone calls, we haven't seen each other for 2 or 3 years.

I remember the first time I met Deidre - we were in Grade 8. I think that she had pink streaks in her hair - well, it was the 80's you know! Deidre moved to Clearwater from the big city of Toronto and seemed a bit shell shocked to be in such a small, country town. She became friends with my good friend Tracey and then we all started hanging out - ahh, good times.

Remember toilet papering Jerry the Moose? And eating chips and dip on the way to see a movie in Kamloops? How about hanging out around Tracey's pool? I'm sure that we will be discussing all this and much more.
Keep posted!








No comments: