Saturday, June 09, 2007

Flying with My Bro






Last weekend my brother Sep picked me up in his plane and flew me home to Clearwater. It was a fabulous weekend for so many reasons, but I just want to talk about flying right now.

So Sep bought a plane last year, but he just put his floats on recently. Sandra and Sami Jo drove me up to Green Lake and Sep flew in to pick me up. It was a fabulous day - sunny, hot and still. Well, I thought that it was fabulous, until we tried to take off - apparently float planes need waves or wind to get up in the air - who knew! Anyway, after shifting all the baggage to the front of the plane (that means onto my lap!) we took off.

We had a fantastic 40 minute flight - over lakes and trees and rivers - doesn't it look magical? I think that the best part was landing on the river - it was a bit scary, but in a good way, you know?!! We circled close to the mountain, turned around and headed straight for the North Thompson River - it was so exciting.

After we landed, we turned off the main river, into a little natural harbour where Sep moors his plane - it's as if the spot was made especially for the plane - the perfect start to a very fun weekend.

No comments: